Training in the core norms, principles and rules governing the practice of responsible research is one of the funding requirements of many agencies.
Missouri S&T is a subscriber to the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) program, which includes Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) training in various academic disciplines. Successful completion of the curriculum allows the Office of Sponsored Programs to certify your training status to meet fund agency requirements.
- Log in with your university credentials.
- Under “Main Menu/My Courses,” select the “Missouri University of Science and Technology Courses” tab to view your course enrollment. Select “Add a Course.”
- Select “I would like to enroll in Responsible Conduct of Research courses.”
- Choose the RCR course that most closely matches your discipline – biomedical research, social and behavioral sciences, humanities, engineering or physical sciences.
- Before beginning the course, you must complete the required “Integrity Assurance Statement.” This statement certifies that you are the person taking the course and that you are not taking the course for someone else.
- A “Grade Book” that tracks your progress will display once you’ve started the course.
- Complete each course module by taking an accompanying quiz. To pass the course, you must achieve an average score of at least 75% on all quizzes. You do not need to complete the course in one sitting.